Release Date: Nov. 2, 2009
ASU to Offer Nursing Courses in Boerne
Starting in January, Angelo State University will offer Hill Country residents a variety of undergraduate and graduate nursing classes through its new office in the Kendall County Economic Development Corp.’s building at 1221 S. Main St. in Boerne.
While all course work for the classes will be done online, ASU nursing faculty will visit the Boerne office at least three times a semester to meet with students. Courses will be offered in the Nursing Department’s Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to B.S.N.), RN to Master of Master of Science in Nursing (RN to M.S.N.), and Master of Science programs. Students do not have to live in Boerne to take the classes.
Courses for the RN to B.S.N. and RN to M.S.N. programs will include:
- Computer Applications for Health Care Professionals
- Health Assessment
- Management in Nursing Practice
- Community Health
- Statistical Techniques for Health Professionals
- Role of the Clinical Preceptor
- Cultural Diversity in Nursing
- Research for Nursing Practice: An Evidence-Based Approach
Courses for the Master of Science program will include:
- Teaching Strategies in Nursing Education
- Evaluation of Nursing Education
- Health Policy and Ethics
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
For more information on the course offerings and application requirements, call the ASU office in Boerne at (830) 331-8521.
For more information on the various nursing programs, call the ASU Nursing Department at (325) 942-2224 or toll free at (866) 346-3080, or go online to www.angelo.edu/dept/nursing/.