Why can’t students see my course?
Don’t forget that Blackboard courses are initially set as Unavailable to students. Once you are ready for students to view your course, simply go to the Control Panel, select “Customization” and click “Properties.” Set the availability in Section 3 and click “Submit.”
I submitted a course request but do not have my courses in Blackboard. Where are they?
If the course is listed as TBA, please contact the Registrar’s office. Once the course has been assigned to you, please submit a new course request by logging into Blackboard, clicking on the Support Tab and filling out the request.
If you are listed as the instructor of record, please contact the eLearning Center at 325-486-6263.
How do I add another user as an instructor?
Your students will be enrolled automatically. However, to add another user type to the course (Teaching Assistant or Co-Instructor) do the following:
- Inside the course, go to the Control Panel and select “Users and Groups.”
- Select “Users.”
- Select the blue button that says “Find a User to Enroll.”
- Browse to find the user.
- Select the role you want to give them.
- Make sure to hit the “Submit” button when you are done.
How do I set my grade center up?
How do I grade a TurnItIn Assignment?
Feeling confused about Blackboard? Don’t worry – you can get face-to-face training throughout the semester and/or access our training materials.
- Using your ASU user ID and password, log in to Blackboard at https://blackboard.angelo.edu.
- Select the “Support” tab. If you are an instructor, you are automatically enrolled in the course.
- Choose the “Blackboard Support” link. If you are an instructor, the Blackboard Support course will be listed in the “My Courses” module on the “Angelo Bb” tab.
This Blackboard Support course has videos, handouts, tips and ideas from your colleagues.
I cannot see my courses in Blackboard. What do I do?
You will be automatically enrolled into Blackboard courses when you register for courses at Angelo State University. If you do not see any of your courses listed under the “My Courses” heading, it may be that your instructor(s) are not using Blackboard this semester or have not yet made the course available to students.
I can’t take my Respondus LockDown Browser Exam. What should I do?
How do I view my feedback from an assignment?
How do I join an online session (Collaborate)?
How do I view my TurnItIn Originality Report?
Feeling confused about Blackboard? Here’s a few tips.
- Using your ASU user ID and password, log into Blackboard at https://blackboard.angelo.edu.
- Select the “Blackboard Help for Students” course located under the My Courses module on the “Angelo Bb” tab, or you can select the “Support Tab” and choose the “Blackboard Support” link.
The YouTube Mashup Tool does not allow new videos to be added. Error states device not supported.
- Log into youtube.com, select the video you want to add.
- Copy the url
- Go back to the editor on Bb environment
- Click on Insert/Edit Embedded media
- Paste the url into the File/URL
- Change Type to Embedded Audio
My Calendar Module
The My Calendar module does not appear on the Home Page for my course. I did not find the My Calendar module in the module list.
The My Calendar Module is no longer available for the course Home Page. However, students and faculty may still access the calendar.
To grant access to the calendar to students in a course:
- Go to the course you want to add the calendar tool in.
- Click on the plus icon above the navigation menu and select Tool Link.
- Name the course and select calendar in the drop down menu.
- Don’t forget to select available to users.
Students can how access the calendar inside the course.
In addition, the calendar is always available in the My Blackboard Global Navigation view (see below).
LockDown Browser Update
LockDown Browser has released an update to fix multiple bugs that have been occurring. Students will need to do the following:
- Log into the LockDown Browser
- Click on the ‘i’ button at the top of the screen
- Click on “Get Newer Version”
- Click on “Get Update”
- PC Users should be using version 1.0.6.02 of LockDown Browser.
Students may also call the IT Service Center at 325-942-2911 or eLearning at 325-486-6263 for assistance in upgrading.
Issues with Apostrophes in filenames
The problem occurs when a student submits an assignment with an attachment that has an apostrophe in the filename. When attempting to view the submission within the inline grading viewer “Loading… Please wait while we render this file” appears. The “error” remains on the page and does not render the file, even though it is a supported file type.
Users should avoid including special characters in file names. However, when clicking the file’s name under Submission on the right side of the inline grading screen, the file will render. Instructors will have to either clear the students attempt and have them rename the filename and resubmit, or they will need to download the file and post the grade as an override grade. The apostrophe disables the ability to post the grade on the Inline Grading Page.
Firefox Secure and Unsecure Content
Recently Firefox made some changes to the browser. Web content that is “http” will not display in our Blackboard Environment unless the content is “https”.
Go to your content in Blackboard and adjust the web content to have a source of “https”. If the content is videos, such as Kaltura you will need to have the content changed to support “https”. For video assistance call the eLearning Center at 325-486-6263