CV and Syllabus
The Texas legislature has passed House Bill 2504 which includes a mandate that all course syllabi and faculty vitae will be posted on our university website in an easily accessible location. The online system at ASU requires that your vita and syllabus be in an Adobe PDF format, and uploaded through a link in Blackboard.
Create a PDF from MS Word
- Select the File tab.
- Select Save as Adobe PDF
- Save the file to a desired location
How to upload your Vita and Syllabus
How to upload your Vita
- Log into Blackboard and select any of your current semester courses.
- Once the course loads, select the CV and Syllabus menu item.
- Now select the CV and Syllabus link.
- Under the Curriculum Vitae you may replace an existing CV by selecting Replace
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the PDF document, highlight it, and select Open to upload the file.
Note: You may also upload a new CV by selecting the Choose File button. Navigate to the folder where you saved the PDF document, highlight it, and select Open to upload the file.
How to upload your Syllabus
One the same page you may upload your syllabus.
- Navigate to the Syllabus section located at the bottom of the CV and Syllabus upload page.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the term. Your class assignments will automatically load for the selected term.
- Select the Choose file button to search for your Syllabus. Navigate to the folder where you saved the PDF document, highlight it, and select Open to upload the file.
- Select Upload Files to complete the upload. You will see a green check and date/time stamp next to your file indicating that it was successfully uploaded.
If you need assistance, please contact the e-Learning Center 325-486-6263.