TurnItIn is a plagiarism prevention service that identifies papers containing unoriginal material. Papers submitted to TurnItIn are compared with a comprehensive database of material available for plagiarism and given an “originality” score.
Creating a User Profile
If you are using Blackboard, you do not need a user profile. If you are not using Blackboard you will need to contact the eLearning Center to have an account created for you.
- The Instructor Quickstart contains step-by-step instructions to help you get started.
- The Student Quickstart contains instructions for students. Feel free to print this and hand it out to your students.
TurnItIn also has these training videos available:
- Instructor Training: Explains how instructors use TurnItIn
- Student Training: Explains how students use TurnItIn
- Originality Report: Explains how to read the Originality Report