Parent PLUS Loan Application Process
Angelo State University participates in Direct Lending. All parent PLUS Loan borrowers must complete the www.studentloans.gov process when a PLUS Loan is awarded.
- Student receives PLUS award notification from Angelo State University.
- Student enters online acceptance of the PLUS award via Rams or RamPort.
- Parent borrower logs on to www.studentloans.gov using the parent’s verified FSA ID (Username & Password) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and completes the required credit check by clicking on the “Request PLUS Loan” link and entering the required information. Detailed instructions on requesting a PLUS Loan application.
- The parent borrower will be instantly notified whether their credit is approved or denied.
- The Department of Education will send ASU the credit response (approval/denial) electronically within 2–3 business days.
|Click here if your credit was approved||Click here if your credit was denied|
If any questions arise during the completion of the www.studentloans.gov process, please contact the Department of Education’s Applicant Services at 800-557-7394.