Student Stafford Loan Application Process
Angelo State University participates in Direct Lending. All Stafford Loan borrowers must complete the studentloans.gov process when a Stafford Loan is awarded.
- Student receives Stafford award notification from Angelo State University.
- Student enters online acceptance of the Stafford award via Rams or RamPort.
- Student allows two business days for the Financial Aid Office (FAO) to transmit the Stafford loan certification to studentloans.gov.
- Student accesses studentloans.gov using the students verified FSA ID (Username & Password) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and completes the entrance counseling and a master promissory note (MPN).
- Student prints any confirmation pages for future reference.
- Student allows two business days for the MPN confirmation to be uploaded by the school.
If any questions arise during the completion of the studentloans.gov process, please contact the Department of Education’s Applicant Services at 800/557.7394.