Foreign Language Competition
The next Angelo State University’s Foreign Language Competition will be held on
Saturday, April 7, 2018.
The entry fee for each student is $20 and includes a lunch. For an additional $8 fee, teachers can also receive lunch vouchers.
- Both charges are payable by credit card after completing online registration.
- Teachers will register their students by completing our online application, which will be available Jan. 15, 2018, through 5 p.m. Feb. 15, 2018.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Your registration will not be considered complete until payment has been submitted successfully.
- Payments are not refundable.
Individual Student Competitors
Each student competes in these four categories:
- Poetry recitations
- Computer-assisted listening and reading comprehension tests
- Extemporaneous speaking
- Reading of prose selections
Students in grades 7-12 can compete in these languages:
Each participating school will also submit one each per language entered:
- Short film - Must be submitted online before March 5, 2018
- Poster - Must be submitted online before March 5, 2018
These entries are required for each language the school is competing in.