Community Enrichment Series
The Hispanic Serving Institution Programs are proud to partner with the Center for Community Engagement on the 2013–14 Community Enrichment Series. Formerly the HSI Speaker Series, the Community Enrichment Series will provide the Campus Community with the opportunity to interact with leading members of our faculty, scholars, scientists, artists, innovators, and civic leaders on topics in the forefront of our culture and in higher education.
For the first time, we are inviting all members of the campus community to participate in the selection of the programming for the 2013–14 Community Enrichment Series. Participants are encouraged to submit proposals which include one or more of the following themes:
- The ability to create conversations across disciplines, departments, and schools
- The attraction of the subject or topic to the community at large
- Enriching educational experiences through community engagement
- Student engagement
- Innovations in teaching and research.
- Diversity and inclusion in the classroom.
- Tutoring and learning support
- Smoothing the transfer pathway
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics Outreach to K–12, families and the community.
For Fall 2013 programming we ask that proposals be submitted no later than May 24, 2013, and for Spring 2014 no later than November 15, 2013. Proposals will be selected based on their ability to incorporate the themes listed above. Selections will be announced by the Hispanic Serving Institutions Programs Steering Committee and Center for Community Engagement on June 7, 2013 for Fall 2013 and December 6, 2013 for Spring 2014.