Place items on reserve
Would you like to make print and electronic readings freely accessible to your students for a class? Put them on reserve! You have the option of placing materials on Course Reserve or on E-Reserve.
Course Reserves in the Library
This allows students to check out materials at any time the Circulation desk is open.
Non-Library materials (like something you or your department owns) may be placed on Closed Reserve, which allows for In-Library-Use only.
Most Circulating Library materials may be placed on Course Reserve under one of the following:
- Closed Reserve @ Circulation (Print & CD-Rom) loan period is 2 hours In-Library-Use only.
- Closed Reserve @ Media (film & sound recording) loan period is 3 hours In-Library-Use only.
- 1 Day Reserve @ Circulation(Print & CD-Rom) loan period is for 1 full day.
- 3 Day Reserve @ Circulation (Print & CD-Rom) loan period is for 3 full days.
To place items on Course Reserve in the Library:
Bring the item and the completed Course Reserve Request form (one form per item) to the Circulation or Media desk, according to item type.
This allows students to access materials any time. With E-Reserves you have the option of placing articles, personal items, chapters from books, and reference materials on reserve in an electronic format.
To place items on E-Reseve
Option 1: Bring the physical materials and a completed E-Reserve Request form (one form per item) to the Circulation desk.
Option 2: To do it electronically, you may submit the data and a completed E-Reserve Request form (one form per item) via email to Library@angelo.edu for processing by Library staff.
NOTE: The same Item cannot be placed on reserve in the Library and on E-Reserve.
* Reserve requests and materials must be submitted at least one working week prior to the date on which the materials are needed by students.
For additional information regarding Course Reserves call the Circulation desk at (325) 486-6523.