Government Documents and Maps
Documents in the Spotlight
The Economic Census is taken every five years and is the US government’s official five-year measure of the American business and the economy. In the 2012 Census, four million businesses participated, including large, medium and small companies representing all US locations and industries. Respondents were asked to provide a range of operational and performance data for their companies.
If you need any assistance finding economic data by industry or topic, or you have questions about using data tools like Industry Statistics Portal, Data Ferrett, or Hot Reports, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 325-486-6527 or Sarah.Schmidt@angelo.edu.
- United States Government Information
- Texas Government Information
- Maps, Aerial Photographs, & Satellite Images
- Statistics & Data for Topics in Government Information
- Guides to Special Topics from Government Documents
- FDsys (Federal Digital System) (GPO’s official system of record)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO’s online catalog)
- TRAIL: Texas Records and Information Locator
- Documents in the Spotlight (archives)
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- More Information About Government Documents and Maps
Government Documents and Maps are part of the Reference Department of the Porter Henderson Library. The Collections are housed in a newly-remodeled corner of the Basement. The Library has been a selective depository for the Federal Depository Library Program since 1964 and a member of the Texas State Publications Depository Program since 1963. Budget cuts to the Texas State Library & Archives during the 2011 Legislative session, however, effectively ended the state publication program in July, 2011.
If you have questions regarding government publications or other government information, please contact Sarah Schmidt, Reference/Government Information Librarian, at 325-486-6527, or Sarah.Schmidt@angelo.edu