Government Documents and Maps
Documents in the Spotlight
2012-2016 American Community Survey (ACS)
The United States Census Bureau just released the 2012-2016 American Community Survey 5-year estimates. The American Community Survey is a reliable resource for social, economic, housing, and demographic information about the American people and workforce.
Used by officials, community leaders, businesses, and researchers, the ACS holds the distinction of being the only source of local statistics for most of the 40 subject areas addressed in the survey.
- United States Government Information
- Texas Government Information
- Texas State Agency Databases (Publicly searchable databases from agencies of the State of Texas)
- State Agency Databases
- Maps, Aerial Photographs, & Satellite Images
- Statistics & Data for Topics in Government Information
- Guides to Special Topics from Government Documents
- FDsys (Federal Digital System) (GPO’s official system of record)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO’s online catalog)
- TRAIL: Texas Records and Information Locator
- Documents in the Spotlight (archives)
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- FDLP Partnerships
- More Information About Government Documents and Maps
Government Documents and Maps are part of the Research Support Unit of the Porter Henderson Library. The Collections are housed in a newly-remodeled corner of the Basement. The Library has been a selective depository for the Federal Depository Library Program since 1964 and a member of the Texas State Publications Depository Program since 1963. Budget cuts to the Texas State Library & Archives during the 2011 Legislative session, however, effectively ended the state publication program in July, 2011.
If you have questions regarding government publications or other government information, please contact Kimberly Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian, at (325) 486-6527, or Kimberly.Wirth@angelo.edu