Lesson Plan Sites
- Career Development (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS): Chapter 127)
- Lesson Plan Sites Home | Alphabetical List of Lesson Plan Sites
- By Grade Level: Kindergarten | Elementary School | Middle School | High School
Grade Levels: PrK-8
TEKS: [Comprehensive site]
- Brought to you by gov, Kids.gov is the official kids’ portal for the U.S. government linking kids, parents and teachers to information and services on the web from government agencies, schools, and educational organizations, all geared to the learning level and interest of kids. Kids.gov is organized into four audiences: Kids (Grades K-5), Teens (Grades 6-8), Teachers and Parents. Each audience tab is divided into educational subjects like Arts, Math, and History.
TEA Curriculum, Assessment, & Rules (Texas Education Agency)
Grade Levels: PreK-12
TEKS: [Comprehensive site]
Curriculum Supplement Series. Curriculum Supplements. High School, Grades 9-12 (Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives. National Institutes of Health)
Grade Levels: 9-12
TEKS: Career Orientation; English Language Arts & Reading; Health Education; Health Science Technology Education; Mathematics; Science; Social Studies; Technology Applications
- The Teachers Guide under each topic includes a section of lesson plans. Topics: cell biology & cancer, emerging & re-emerging infectious diseases; human genetic variation; the brain: understanding neurobiology through the study of addiction; sleep, sleep disorders, and biological rhythms, and using technology to study cellular and molecular biology. Under the “web version” the curriculum supplement text can be viewed or printed and the optional multimedia activities accessed. Proceed to the teacher’s guide section for complete details on all of the activities. Print copies with accompanying CDs for some titles are also available in the Library (Cell biology and cancer. US Documents: HE 20.3065:C 33; Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases. US Documents: HE 20.3065:IN 3; Human genetic variation. US Documents: HE 20.3065:G 28).
NASA Educational Materials
Grade Levels: K-4, 5-8, 9-12
TEKS: Career Orientation; English Language Arts & Reading; Mathematics; Science; Technology Applications
- Search Educational Resources by subject, grade level, type and keyword. These lesson plans and teaching materials support your STEM curriculum. Broad subject areas include: Careers, Earth Science, History, Life Science, Mathematics, Physical Science, Space Science, Spanish, and Technology.
- NASA Wavelength is a digital collection of Earth and space science resources for educators of all levels – from elementary to college, to out-of-school programs.
- Use the NASA Educator Resource Center to learn about and use NASA’s educational resources.
Government Documents Home
Updated March 2017: Kimberly Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian