Lesson Plan Sites
- Fine Arts (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS): Chapter 117)
- Lesson Plan Sites Home | Alphabetical List of Lesson Plan Sites
- By Grade Level: Kindergarten | Elementary School | Middle School | High School
Grade Levels: K-8
TEKS: [Comprehensive site]
- Brought to you by gov, Kids.gov is the official kids’ portal for the U.S. government linking kids, parents and teachers to information and services on the web from government agencies, schools, and educational organizations, all geared to the learning level and interest of kids. Kids.gov is organized into four audiences: Kids (Grades K-5), Teens (Grades 6-8), Teachers and Parents. Each audience tab is divided into educational subjects like Arts, Math, and History.
TEA Curriculum, Assessment, & Rules (Texas Education Agency)
Grade Levels: PreK-12
TEKS: [Comprehensive site]
EDSITEment (“The Best of the Humanities on the Web”) (National Endowment for the Humanities)
Grade Levels: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
TEKS: English Language Arts & Reading; Fine Arts; Languages Other Than English; Social Studies; Spanish Language Arts & Reading
- From the NEH in partnership with the National Trust for the Humanities, and the MarcoPolo Education Foundation, this educational partnership brings online humanities resources from some of the world’s great museums, libraries, cultural institutions, and universities directly to the classroom. One important goal of EDSITEment is to help educators integrate the internet as a standard classroom resource. Use Reference Shelf for helpful tips on using the internet in the classroom. Subject areas include: Art & Culture, Literature & Language Arts, Foreign Language, and History & Social Studies. Under “Search” you have the option to limit by grade level, or you can sort all lesson plans by grade level or one of the four subject areas.
Fire and Aviation Management Program. Lesson Plans (National Park Service)
Grade Levels: 6-12
TEKS: English Language Arts & Reading; Fine Arts; Mathematics; Science
- Lesson plans include “fire adaptation,” “hot questions,” “fire feelings,” “reporting the blazes,” “fire field trip,” and “fire in my backyard.”
NGA Classroom for Teachers and Students (National Gallery of Art)
Grade Levels: K-12
TEKS: English Language Arts & Reading; Fine Arts; Mathematics; Science; Social Studies
- A place where teachers and students can connect art and curriculum. Resources can be accessed by curriculum, topics, or artists. “Featured Lessons” include topics such as self-portraits in art (explores identity using self-portraits and creative writing), new angles on art (explores the intersection of art and math concepts such as geometry), and counting on art (using works of art to introduce and practice math concepts).
Smithsonian Lesson Plans (Educators. Smithsonian Education)
Grade Levels: PreK-3, 4-8, 9-12
TEKS: English Language Arts & Reading; Fine Arts; Science; Social Studies; Technology Applications
- Lesson plans in art & design, science & technology, history & culture, and language arts are available. Browse lesson plans by subject area or search by grade levels and keywords.
Government Documents Home
Updated March 2017: Kimberly Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian