Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms available for reservation
|016||Basement||6-8 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|036||Basement||6-8 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|214||2nd Floor||4-7 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|215||2nd Floor||6-8 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|216||2nd Floor||2-4 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|217||2nd Floor||2-4 people||Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display|
|Presentation Practice Room||1st Floor (Learning Commons)||2-4 people||
Wi-Fi; power; white board*; flat panel display, video camera
Priority will be given to those needing to use video camera - occupants NOT using camera will be asked to vacate the room if camera is needed by another patron.
*Markers and erasers for use on the white boards may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
Open Group Study Room
In addition to several open tables at which groups can work together, the basement houses an open group study room. This room is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and does not require a reservation. It can seat 4-6 people, and features a study table, chairs, and a white board. Any individual using this room will be asked to vacate it when a group is in need of collaborative study space, and no other group study rooms are available.
Guidelines for the use of these rooms
Study rooms are intended to support academic work by groups. A group is defined as two (2) or more users occupying a room and actively working on group projects or studying together. Individuals seeking a quiet space to work alone should use the Quiet Study Room on the second floor.
- Use of study rooms is restricted to current ASU ID card holders.
- Room reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance in person at the Circulation Desk, or by calling 325-486-6523.
- The library allows a maximum of one 3-hour reservation per day per person, based on room availability.
- Rooms that have been reserved but are not checked out within 30 minutes after the reservation start time will be released for use by another group.
- Walk-in requests from groups will be accepted when rooms are available.
- Rooms will be assigned based upon the number of individuals in the group.
- Room loan periods are three hours, with no renewals.
- Reserved study rooms can be checked out only to the same group member who made the reservation. This group member assumes responsibility for locking the door to the group study upon exit and for reporting any problems discovered with the room.
- Windows of the group study rooms may not be covered in any way.
- Damage to equipment in the study rooms will result in charges to the account of the person who checked out the room.
- Failure to turn in the key or relinquish a room at the appointed time will result in an overdue fine ($0.10/minute). ATTENTION: Check-out of the wireless keyboard/mouse set for use in Practice Presentation Room (PPR) is on request and separate from the PPR check-out. Failure to renew or turn in the set on time will result in a separate overdue fine ($0.10/minute).
- Group study room keys are for in-library use only and must not be removed from the premises. Loss of the room key will result in a replacement fee and potentially an overdue fine.
- Library furniture from other locations may not be moved into study rooms.
- Study room users must clean up after themselves, clearing tables, placing trash in the appropriate receptacles, and cleaning the whiteboard before exiting the room.
- Personal belongings should not be left unattended in the group study rooms. The library is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of personal property. Personal items found in study rooms after a reservation has ended will be removed and taken to the Circulation Desk.
- Upon leaving the room, users should make sure that the door is securely closed and locked.
- STUDY ROOMS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF. As a courtesy to others please keep noise to a minimum.
- Current Library policy PPM 3 - Clientele and Facilities Use applies to the use of group study rooms.