Policy no. 7 - Friends of the Porter Henderson Library and West Texas Collection
Date of last revision: 24 January 2006
The purpose of the organization shall be to maintain an association of persons interested in the Porter Henderson Library and its West Texas Collection (WTC); to focus public attention on resources and services; to receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Library and WTC; to support and cooperate with the Library and WTC in developing library services and facilities for the community and the University; and to support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association’s Bill of Rights. (See PPM #1, Library Rights Documents.)
Individuals interested in joining the friends may do so in person at the WTC.
- Eligibility for Library/ILL Borrowing Privileges AND BENEFITS
- The Friends reserve the right to grant borrowing privileges for its members. Borrowing privileges, when granted, are for member and spouse only. This privilege is not extended to members’ children or to anyone under the age of 18.
- All Friends members granted borrowing privileges must sign an acknowledgement form agreeing to abide by all applicable rules and policies concerning borrowing and ILL privileges. (A copy of the form is available for review in the WTC.)
- Only the member and his/her spouse have borrowing privileges.
- The Interlibrary loan (ILL) service is available to Friends of the Library.
- See the Circulation Policies grid in PPM #4 for additional details concerning borrowing and ILL privileges.