The Reference Unit of the Porter Henderson Library provides assistance consistent with the library’s Mission Statement to individuals who are attempting to locate information, including but not limited to the following:
- identifying information resources, print and electronic, that are relevant to the University’s curriculum and population,
- facilitating the University population’s access to information resources,
- educating University students, faculty, and staff in the use of information resources,
- providing assistance to Library users - in particular the University population - with regard to the use of these resources.
The Reference Unit is comprised of the following individuals: Mark Allan - Head, Library Reference Services, Sharon Weber - Interlibrary Loan Library Assistant, and Cindy Belden - Government Documents Library Assistant.
If you have a reference/research question, you can get assistance by utilizing one of the methods listed below:
In Person: The Research Assistance Desk, located on the first floor of the Porter Henderson Library, is staffed 64 hours a week, as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- By phone: 325-486-6534.
- By E-Mail: email@example.com.
By Chat or Text: AskAcademic is a multi-state cooperative of participating academic libraries that provides online research and information service 24/7.