Resource materials are available to educate the campus community as we explore multicultural concepts. Resources such as books, activities and videos are available to students, faculty and staff for short-term use. Please come by the Multicultural Center to check out any items.
Multicultural Resource Library
Our library contains materials in the following categories:
- College Life
- Additional Web Links
- Jewish Literacy: The Most Important Things to Know About the Jewish Religion, Its people and Its History- Telushkin, J.
- Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know—And Doesn’t- Prothero, S.
- Teaching Spirits: Understanding Native American Religious Traditions- Brown, J.E.
- Testimonio: A Documentary History of the Mexican-American Struggle for Civil Rights- Rosales, F.A.
- The Big Mosque of Mercy – Ellery , C.
- The Complete Kwanzaa: Celebrating Our Cultural Harvest- Riley, D.W
- Understanding Islam: An Introduction- Hewer, C.T.R
- World Religions: The Great Faiths Explored & Explained- Bowker, J.
- College Rules- Nist, S. Ph.D,. Holschuh, J., Ph.D.
- College Survival- Hesman, G. Baer, D.
- Complete Idiot’s Guide to College Survival- Rozakis, L.
- Journal of the First Year Experience & Students in Transition –
- Making the Most of College- Light, P
- Powerful Proofreading Skills- Smith, D., Sutton, H.
- Study Smart, Hands-On, Nuts, and Bolts Technique for Earning Higher Grades- Silver, T,. M.D,. J.D
- The Essential Guide to Student Life Real College- Stone, D.
- The Everything College Survival Book- Rich, J., University of South Carolina
- The First in the Family (3) – Advise About College from First-Generation Students – Kathleen Cushman
- El Paso Community College ’08-10 Catalog – El Paso Community College
- 1001 Things Everyone Should Know About African-American History- Stewart, J, C.
- 52 Activities for Exploring Values Differences- String, D.M & Cassiday, P.A
- Addressing the Unique Needs of Latino-American Students- Ortiz, A.M
- African-American Men in College- Cuyjet, MJ & Associates
- Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice Against Older Person- Nelson, T.D
- Barnga: A Simulation Game on Cultural Clashes- Thiagarajan, S
- Bridging Cultural Conflicts: A New Approach for a Changing World- LaBaron, M.
- Cyber- Voluntary Agency Network of Korea
- Affirming Diversity: The Sociopolitical Context of Multicultural Education – Nieto, Sonia
- Korean Books – 10
- Why are the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? – Beverly Daniel
- Race, Rights and the Asian American Experience 2nd Edition – Angela Ancheta
- Global Gender Issues – Spike Peterson and Annie Sisson
- Developing Intercultural Awareness: A Cross- Cultural Training Handbook 2nd Edition – L. Robert Kohls and John M. Knight
- Reading for Diversity and Social Justice: An Anthology of Racism, Antisemitism, Sexism, Heterosexism,
- Ableism, and Classism - Maurianne Adams, Warren J. Blumenfeld, Rosie Castaneda, Heather W. Hackman, Madeline L. Peters, Ximena Zuniga
- Discover Korea in the World’s Textbook- Hyeonsuk Lim (Researcher), Voluntary Agency Network of Korea,
- Diverse Worship: African-American, Caribbean & Hispanic Perspectives- Maynard-Reid, P
- The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, 2nd Edition- revised and updated by Hirsch, Jr., E.D., Kett, J.K., & Trefil, J.
- Egotrip’s Big Book of Racism! - Jenkins, S.,Wilson, E., Mao, C.J., Alvarez, G. & Rollins, B.
- Experiential Activities for Intercultural Learning- Seelye, H. N.
- Heart Beating Korea- Voluntary Agency Network of Korea
- Minority Retention: What Works? A New Directions for Institutional Research- Gaither, G.H.Mixed –Race
- Students in College: The Ecology of Race, Identity, and Community on Campus- Renn, K.A
- .Multicultural Competence in Student Affairs- Pope, R.L., Reynolds, A.L. & Mueller, J.A.
- Privilege, Power, and Difference- Johnson, A.G.Soulstepping: African American Step Shows- Fine, E.C.
- The Audacity of Hope- Obama, B.
WhySocial Justice Matters- Barry, B
- Cleaning Closets- Cole, B.
- Coming Out to God- Glaser, C.
- Homosexuality in the Church- Siker, J.
- Homosexuals in History- A.L. Rowse
- Is the Homosexual My Neighbor- Scanzoni, L., Mollenkolt, C.
- Jesus, the Bible and Homosexuality- Jack Rogers
- Lesbian Issue- Freedman, E., Gelpi, B., Johnson, S., Weston, K.
- Now that You Know- Fairchild, B., Hayward, N.
- Parents for the Homosexual- Switzer, D & S
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity- Sanlo, Ronni
- Strangers- Graham Robb
- What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality- Helminia, K., Ph.D
- It is a Choice? – Eric Marcus
- Fish: A Proven Way to Imporve Morale and Improve Results -Lundin,S. Ph.D., Paul, H., Christensen, J
- Fish Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace & Your Life- Lundin,S. Ph.D., Paul, H., Christensen, J.
- Fish Sticks: A Remarkable Way to Adapt Changing Times & Keep Your Workplace Fresh - Lundin,S. Ph.D., Paul, H., Christensen, J.
- Fish for Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams - Lundin,S. Ph.D., Paul, H., Christensen, J.
- Habitudes Book 1: The Art of Self-Leadership- Elmore, T. Dr.
- Habitudes Book 2: The Art of Connecting with Others- Elmore, T. Dr.
- Habitudes Book 3: The Art of Leading Others- Elmore, T. Dr.
Habitudes Book 4: The Art of Changing Culture- Elmore, T. Dr.
- Native People
- Hispanic Business
- Black Enterprise
- Out / Advocate
- Hispanic Outlook
- Black Enterprise
- 10 Ways to Fight Hate on Campus
- Diversity Blueprint
- Expanding ESL, Civics, and Citizenship Education in Your Community - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Journey of the First Year Experience & Students in Translation
- Learning About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons for the New Naturalization Test - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Mexico Business Promotional Brochures (10)
- Multicultural Awareness Project for Institutional Trans
- Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Bibliography of Resources for Multicultural Higher Education – Kwabena Siaka, Jeanne L. Higbee, Karen L. Miksch, Dana Britt Lundell, Fang Jiang, Patrick L. Bruch, Rashne Jehangir, Emily Goff, & Irene M. Duranczyk
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Reality Bytes- Ramsey, D.
- First Things First- Covey, Stephen R., Merrill, R., Merrill , R.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People- Covey, Stephen R.
- 40 Salsa Poderosas
- The Very Best of Bachata - Emerson Ensemble
- The Very Best Of Merengue – Emerson Ensemble
Enter Tribal - Mix of Native American Music
- A Comparison of Religious Thought – Discovery Education Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Americano as Apple Pie (2) The Latino Experience in America, The Blending of Cultural Latino Influence on America
- Behind the Lone Star-Institute of Texan Cultures, San Antonio- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Unit 1 ( Understanding Investments Retirement & College Planning)- Ramsey, D
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Unit 2 ( Cash Flow Planning Dumping Debt Relating with Money)- Ramsey, D
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Unit 3 ( Buying Only Big, Big Bargains, Buyer Beware Understanding insurance- Ramsey, D
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Unit 4 ( Real Estate & Mortgages Careers & Extra Jobs Collection & Credit Bureaus)- Ramsey, D
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Bonus Materials ( Ask Dave & Questions and Answers on the Air)- Ramsey, D
- Global Issues Women’s Rights- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- I Believe with Dennis Wholey, Native American Religions- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Martin Luther King “ I Have a Dream”- The Black History Collection
- Mexico Es Oportunidad
- Native Americans Celebrating Traditions – Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- One Man Show - Ruco Chuco Cholo Pachuco – Pepe Serna
- Strengthening the Pipeline to Support Latino/a College Students – NASPA
- South Korea: From Illiteracy to Affluence- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- The New Generation:Vietnamese-Americans Today- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- The Pay Gap: Sexism or Something Else?- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- When I Knew- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Prejudice: More Than Black and White- Films for the Humanities & Science
- Canyon Trilogy - R. Carlos Nakai
- Dave Ramsey’s Youth Resources Financial Peace for The Next Generation Teachers Guide
Naturalization Preparation Materials– U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (6)
- Civics Flash Cards for the New Naturalization Test - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vocabulary Flash Cards for the new Naturalization Test - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Additionally, the following organizations provide information and resources regarding diversity and multiculturalism. Please click on the links below for more information.
- Teaching Tolerance.Org
- Diversity Resources, Inc.
- National Organization for Women
- Civil Rights Coalition
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Religion, World Religions, & Comparative Religions-Just the Facts
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Campus Pride: GLBT Student Leaders