Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does it take to print a project?
- What quantities do business cards come in?
- What quantities do letterhead and envelopes come in?
- How do I submit a print job?
- What types of files do you accept for print jobs?
- Can I submit a print job electronically?
- Do I need to bring or know my account number?
- Can you print and fold four-color process brochures?
- Do you print for non-university business?
- If I am not using an account to pay, how do I pay for printing?
- Where is the Print Shop located?
- What factors affect the cost of a print job?
- Is there a limit to the number of ink colors used on a job?
- What paper colors are available?
- Who is the director of graphics at ASU?
- If I am using the university logo in my publication/advertisement, does the Office of Communications and Marketing have to approve my print request?
- Depending on the type and volume, how far in advance should I submit my print job?
Projects are considered on a case-by-case basis. Do not expect immediate turnaround. The time required to complete a job varies depending on the details of the job, the quantity needed, the number of ink colors and the types of paper in stock. Expect a longer turnaround in July-October because the Print Shop is processing a large quantity of requests during these months.
250, 500 or 1,000.
Multiples of 500.
If it is a new job and it needs to be typeset, please work with the Office of Communications and Marketing. If the project is a job previously done and no changes are needed, just complete a Print Shop Requisition and submit it along with a sample, if possible.
We accept Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, CorelDRAW, Illustrator, Adobe PDF and Photoshop files. All Microsoft Word documents must include printed samples.
Yes. You can submit a job electronically using one of two methods. You can send it by e-mail, or if your project is too large for e-mail, you may use the R Drive. We have a Print Shop folder on the R Drive. You can create a department sub-folder within our folder and then copy and paste your project there. We will still need you to complete and submit a Print Shop Requisition and tell us where to find the project.
Yes, we need the number so that we can bill for the print job.
Yes. We have a four-color press, and we have a large folder that can fold almost any brochure we can print.
No. Everything we print must be university (state) related. We can print for students if the project is for a student organization.
In these cases, when a job is completed, we take it to the Bursar’s Office in the Mayer Administration Building. It can be paid for and picked up there.
We are in the General Services Building, which can be found on the campus map.
The quantity needed, number of colors, type of paper and finishing requirements (type of fold, pad, tabs, etc.) all affect the cost of a print job.
No. The number of colors used on a job is not limited; however, keep in mind that the price will increase with every additional color.
We have a large quantity of paper colors that vary from pastels to hot (bright) colors. We have a sample package of all the different colors available at the Print Shop, and anyone can stop by and pick one up at no charge.
The Graphic Artist/Web Designer or Creative Projects Coordinator in the Office of Communications and Marketing can assist. Call 325-942-2248 or e-mail email@example.com.
If I am using the university logo in my publication/advertisement, does the Office of Communications and Marketing have to approve my print request?
If you are using the logo for internal communications, the answer is no. However, if you are purchasing or printing items for promotional purposes, please read our information on university logos and visual elements.
Typically, we ask for five to seven working days to complete a job. However, if the quantity is unusually large, we may request a longer time period. In contrast, if your job is a small quantity, and we have time, we might be able to have a quicker turnaround, but we prefer if customers ask before they assume we can complete a job quickly.