Family is held in September where relatives of all Angelo State University students are invited to campus for Family Day. Daylong activities with a wrap up with the Rams football game.
Tips for ASU Parents and Families
Here are some recommended books and articles that may be helpful resources as your student transitions to college life.
- “Letting Go: A Parents’ Guide to Understanding College Years,” K. Coburn and M. Treeger (2009)
- “Don’t Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Guide to the College Years,” Helen E. Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller (2011)
- “What to do when College is not the Best Time of Your Life,” David Leibow, M.D. (2010)
- “College Success: Advice for Parents of High School and College Students,” Bob Roth (2010)
- “Parents of College Student Survival Stories: What to Expect, What to Do, and What to Avoid,” Wendy David-Gaines (2010)
- “You’re on your own (But I’m Here If You Need Me) – Mentoring Your Child During the College Years,” Marjorie Savage (2003)
Linen Program & Care Packages
ASU Residential Students have the opportunity to receive bedding, towels and other linens through our partner company O.C.M. Parents can also participate in a program that will automatically send care packages to your student at designated times. For more information about purchasing linens or care packages, click the link below: