International Trade Office - Services
Since its inception in 1995, the ASU International Trade Office has been providing export and import assistance to small businesses and individuals throughout the area serviced by the ASU Small Business Development Center.
“96% of consumers are outside the US” by: US Department of commerce.
Import and Export Counseling
- Assessing company and product export/import readiness
- Advising on global trade logistics and documentation
- Locating new markets for your company
- Provide training and seminars in the area of “International Trade”
Did you know that….
- 96% of customers are outside the US.
- Exporting is profitable (more sales and profits)
- Exporting strengthen the company (when one market is not doing well, another market compensates).
- Under developing markets are growing 4-8% a year.
- 98% of exporters in US are small or medium companies.
- Have you evaluated exporting your product yet? Contact us now
Export Financing for Small Businesses
The SBA offers three different loan products for small business exporters and lenders: SBA Export Express, the Export Working Capital Loan and the International Trade Loan. Please call our office for more Information.
International Market Research
- Conducting and analyzing global market research
- Identifying international target markets
- Understanding international pricing, financing and payment methods
- Recognizing foreign market entry and distribution options
- Developing an international marketing plan
Is international trade appropriate for small businesses?
The answer is definitely YES! According to the U.S. Department of Commerce 98% of exporters are small or medium companies, large companies make up only about four percent of U.S. exporters. There are more than six billion consumers in the global marketplace.
Moreover the Federal Policy Referral is a government initiative (National Export Initiative) to help address the need of exporting of small and medium companies with the right assistance required. A large network has been created between SBDC, Exp-imp Bank, SBA and Chamber of Commerce. If you are only selling domestically, you are overlooking a huge business opportunity!