Small Business Management Certificate Program
Starting a new business is an overwhelming challenge. The ASU-SBDC developed the Small Business Management Certificate Program to help meet the needs of aspiring small business owners. The program will help participants build essential business skills and knowledge on how to run a successful business. Once you complete the requirements, you will receive your SBMCP certificate at a graduation ceremony.
The ASU-SBDC provides two tracks for earning your certificate:
TRACK 1: SELF PACED ($75)
TRACK 2: 8-WEEK COURSE ($75)
You have one year to attend all required seminars and complete all requirements.
You have 8 weeks to complete all requirements which will be provided in a consecutive 8-week time span
- ENROLL IN PROGRAM (Pay one time fee of $75)
- Attend all 8 Required Seminars
- Meet with an SBDC advisor
- Complete 2 Online Training Modules
- View IRS Tax Module
- Complete Draft Business Plan
REQUIRED SEMINARS (NO substitutions)
- Starting Your Own Business? What You Need to Know!
- Business Plan I (“Narrative”)
- Business Plan II (“Financials”)
- Financing Options (“Shaking the Money Tree”)
And any four out of the following…
- Marketing 101 (“Basics of Marketing & Branding”)
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Bookkeeping Basics
- Sales Tax Basics (“Sales Tax 101”)
- Choosing Your Legal Structure