Student Organizations - Funding
Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF)
The Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF) provides Angelo State University registered student organizations (RSO) access to financial resources so that they can provide programs and activities for the campus community. SOLF is primarily intended for those organizations that do not have access to funding from other campus departments or programs. SOLF provides funding for activities that are over and above the routine needs of student organizations as it is reasonable to expect organizations to pay for their basic expenses through dues, donations, fund-raisers, and other methods of self-support.
The SOLF program is designed to assist student organizations in the following areas:
- Sponsoring programs that enhance the social, recreational, and/or academic aspects of campus life, and
- Participating in endeavors that contribute to the leadership or professional development of organization members.
Required Documents for SOLF (Must be Typed)
- SOLF Guidelines
SOLF Application for Events
SOLF Application for Travel
- Student Organizations Check Report (Please include original receipts and remaining funds.)
After a student organization receives approval for a SOLF Application for Travel. A travel packet is due 2 weeks prior to when funding is needed. The majority of travel forms are available on the Travel Office webpage all other forms are linked below.
Travel Packet (All Travel Paperwork must be typed):
- Travel Authorizations Request (Note: Advisors must sign this request)
- Student Group Travel List
- Student Group Travel Form
- Student Activity Release Form (This form should be used when students are participating in or traveling to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle (This form should be used when students are riding or driving in a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Student Driver Acknowledgement Statement (This form should be used, in addition to the Student Activity Release Form Travel by Private Vehicle, when a student is driving a personal or privately owned vehicle to University sponsored events or activities.)
- Advisor Travel Memo
Upon returning from a student trip student organizations have 2 weeks to submit the Student Travel Expense Report, appropriate receipts and remaining funds. (Note: Advisors must sign this form.)
All information pertaining to the Student Organization Leadership Fund is available in the SOLF Guidelines.