Student Organizations - Funding
Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF)
The Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF) provides Angelo State University registered student organizations (RSO) access to financial resources so that they can provide programs and activities for the campus community. SOLF is primarily intended for those organizations that do not have access to funding from other campus departments or programs. SOLF provides funding for activities that are over and above the routine needs of student organizations as it is reasonable to expect organizations to pay for their basic expenses through dues, donations, fund-raisers, and other methods of self-support.
The SOLF program is designed to assist student organizations in the following areas:
- Sponsoring programs that enhance the social, recreational, and/or academic aspects of campus life, and
- Participating in endeavors that contribute to the leadership or professional development of organization members.
- SOLF Guidelines for 2013 - 2014
- SOLF Application for Events, Available starting September 1st
- SOLF Application for Travel, Available starting September 1st
- Student Organizations Check Report (Please include original receipts and remaining funds.)
For events and travel in September 2014 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about when to submit a SOLF Application.
Student Organization Advisory Council
The Student Organization Advisory Council (SOAC) reviews and makes recommendations to the Assistant Director of Student Life concerning requests for the Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF) funding received from registered student organizations. In addition, SOAC make recommendations for changes to SOLF operating procedures and the SOLF budget. SOAC is comprised of representatives from student organizations and is chaired by the Assistant Director of Student Life.