Student Organizations registering in Spring 2014 will be required to attend training in Fall 2015.
Risk Management Training is held in order to provide ASU registered student organizations with the most up to date information on student organization risk management and responsible activity planning. It is the Center for Student Involvement’s goal to assist student organizations in making positive choices. All student organizations should be concerned with risk management. No matter how big an event or how small an activity, risk will be present at some level. Learning to manage risk will reduce individual liability and ensure a fun, safe environment for participants.
After organization leadership has attended Risk Management Training, it is their responsibility to present that information to the rest of the organization. Once the information is presented, please submit the Statement of Completion indicating that the report was made to the organization’s membership. Attach a copy of the meeting agenda or minutes as documentation.
In order to maintain active status as a registered student organization, the Statement of Completion must be submitted to the Center for Student Involvement by the date designated during training.
Risk Management Education Program Presentation
This PowerPoint can be used to train organizational members.
Risk Management Matrix
Student Organizations should utilize this form when planning an event or traveling.
Statement of Completion
Must be filed with the Center for Student Involvement after risk management information has been presented to the entire organization.
Risk Management Policy Template
This template will provide basic information to help organizations develop individual policies.
- Hazing Legislation (State of Texas statute regarding hazing)
- ASU Risk Management Training Presentation - This PowerPoint can be used to train organizational members.
- Hazing Legislation - (State of Texas statute regarding hazing)
- Risk Management Matrix - Student Organizations should utilize this form when planning an event or traveling.
- Risk Management Policy Template - This template will provide basic information to help organizations develop individual policies.