How to Delete History and internet Files (Cache)
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon from the windows desktop or within the start menu from Start/Programs/ASU Network. The Internet Explorer browser is shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Webpage on Internet Explorer
- Click on the Tools menu from the toolbar as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Internet Explorer with Tools menu Selected
- Select internet Options out of the Tools Menu as shown in Figure 3. The result of this step should be shown in Figure 4.
Figure 3: Internet Explorer with the internet Options selection.
Figure 4: internet Options Box
- Make sure the General tab is selected across the top. Click on the Clear History button in the History section of the internet options picture as shown in figure 5. Select the OK button when asked Delete all items in your History Folder?
Figure 5: Clear History Process
- Select the Delete Files option in the Temporary internet Files section of the internet Options box as shown in Figure 6. After choosing the Delete Files option, check the Delete all Offline Content selection box and click the OK button.
Figure 6: Deleting Temporary internet Files Process
Click on the History button on the toolbar menu. There should be no links listed. If this result does not appear, then repeat steps 1 through 4. Also, click on the down arrow at the right edge of the internet address box as shown in Figure 1. A blank white box should appear. If that is not the case, then repeat steps 1 through 3 and step 5.