Computer Setup for New Employee
Once a Request Form for New Employee is completed and submitted to the Technology Service Center and the hardware is identified, a technician will pick up the machine for configuration. The following software is installed on all faculty/staff machines:
- Microsoft Windows 7; includes all current service packs and updates
- Microsoft Internet Explorer; includes all current service packs and updates
- Microsoft Office; includes all current service packs and updates
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Apple Quicktime movie player
- WS_FTP LE ftp client
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Google Chrome Browser
- Adobe Flash Player plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave
- Adobe Air
- Java Plug-in
- KeePass (Password Manager)
- Malwarebytes anti-malware
Software requiring per-user configuration will be setup once the new employee’s Technology Access Account, e-mail, and other accounts are created.
If there are any special considerations to take into account, please note them when requesting a new setup.
Additional software to the list above may be installed at the request of the new employee or department. However, all licensing and media for additional software must be provided by the individual or department making the request.