Emails sent to ASU mailing lists and are reviewed by a team of moderators.
Emails are typically reviewed 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- firstname.lastname@example.org All ASU Faculty and Staff
- email@example.com ASU Faculty only
- firstname.lastname@example.org ASU Staff only
- email@example.com ASU Students only
If you intend to send to your message to all users on campus, send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as email@example.com
Sending the same email to faculty, staff, and everyone will cause duplicate messages to be sent, and they will be rejected.
Mailing List Requirements
These requirements must be met for an email to be approved to a mailing list.
Include ASU Signature
Please follow the instructions found at http://angelo.edu/signatures to set up your signature.
Signatures should be placed at the bottom of the email, under all embedded images and text.
Limit Attachment Size and Type
- The total size of attachments sent must be less than 1 Mb.
- Do not attach .zip, .exe, or .dmg files, as these files could potentially contain security risks.
No Calendar Invitations
Due to the potential to slow down mail services, emails with calendar invitations will be rejected.
No Personal or Private Information
This includes information about specific employees, applicants or past employee. All messages falling into this category will need to be approved by the Office of Human Resources.
- No Solicitation Without Approval
Only ASU Related Topics
These mailing lists are not to be used for non-University (i.e. unrelated) business. This service is a campus resource for the campus community. Individuals are solely responsible for the content of their emails.
Sent from an ASU Email Address
Anything sent from an account outside of angelo.edu will be rejected.
If moderators see anything in your message that could cause accessibility issues, your email may be rejected.
- Avoid font colors that do not have sufficient contrast to the background. Patterned or colored backgrounds are not recommended.
- Images should be appropriately sized if they are in the body of the email.
- Make sure your attachments have logical file names.
- Do not use patterned backgrounds, as they may cause readability issues.
- Use proper capitalization in emails. Typing in all caps is typically perceived as shouting over email.
- If you forward an email to a mailing list, remove the forwarding information from the body of the email before sending.
- Make sure your subject is line brief and descriptive.
- Remove any tags such as RE: or FWD: from the beginning of the subject line before sending.
- Avoid all caps and URLs in your subject line.