Information Technology Strategic Plan
Goals and Objectives
The following Information Technology Goals align and support the Angelo State University Vision 2020 Strategic Plan, Campus Centennial Master Plan, the Texas Tech University System Level plans and initiatives, as well as State Level plans defined by the Department of Information Resources.
Goal 1: (Integration & Access)
Information Technology will plan and deliver integrated information services to enable customers to access the information they need, when and where they need it.
Goal 2: (Service Delivery)
Information Technology will meet or exceed customer requirements for technology service delivery.
Goal 3: (Improve & Streamline)
Information Technology will leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline business processes.
Goal 4: (Privacy & Security)
Information Technology will ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources.
Overview of Objectives
The following pages describe the objectives and introduce the strategies to support Angelo State University’s vision, mission and goals.
- Objective 1 - Provide simple, universal access to information and services for all faculty, staff, and students.
- Objective 2 - Implement VoIP technology to improve the delivery of voice communications and replace the aging phone system.
- Objective 3 - Research and provide more advanced web tools for the university to enhance the University’s web presence in a way that will reach and attract more potential students and meet our community’s changing needs.
- Objective 4 - Improve the online communications ability for individuals and groups associated with the university.
- Objective 5 - Partner with academic and service departments to provide instructional technology services that enhance the teaching and learning environment.
- Objective 6 - Expand and enhance technology support tools to meet customer’s current needs and expectations.
- Objective 7 - Obtain feedback from users on satisfaction levels and desired new services and implement changes accordingly.
- Objective 8 - Maintain current technology hardware, software and network infrastructure.
- Objective 9 - Evaluate business processes and identify efficiencies that could be gained by leveraging the use of existing or emerging technologies.
- Objective 10 - Implement a campus-wide planning, selection, and tracking methodology for technology initiatives and managing the project portfolio.
- Objective 11 - Leverage partnership relationships to identify emerging and mainstream technologies.
- Objective 12 - Evaluate and maintain the existing security program and services to align with best practices or new/pending legislation.
- Objective 13 - Evaluate and implement security technologies to ensure the privacy and integrity of information resources.
- Objective 14 - Evaluate and implement technologies that ensure availability of information resources.
- Objective 15 - Enhance security awareness program for the campus.