Skip Navigation
Angelo State University
Travel Office

Search Site

Information for:

Making Student Travel Advance Arrangements

  1. Travel advances are only given when used for student travel. (See the Student Travel page for complete information.)
  2. Advances are only issued to the faculty/advisor (full-time ASU employee) that is responsible for the student(s).
  3. The Travel Authorization Request should be completed in the advisor’s name and indicate the total number traveling, all expenses for the group, and the date the advance is needed.
  4. Attach a list of all people traveling with your travel authorization.
  5. If traveling using the Student Organization Leadership Fund (SOLF), please visit RamPort for complete information on that process. (Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete all applications – do not wait until the last minute.)
  6. Please refer to the BTA Process if you plan to have services pre-paid for your group. Airfare, Hotel and Rental Car are all offered as prepaid services for student groups.

Please Note: The faculty advisor is held accountable for all money advanced in his or her name. Please be aware of Student Travel Policies prior to accepting an advance from ASU.