Making Air Travel Arrangements
- Get an airfare quote. (See Travel Quotes for more information.)
- Contact Horizons Travel 325-658-2436 for a reservation and quote when using BTA.
- Get a quote online directly from the airline.
- Get a quote from a personal travel agent or state contracted travel agency (i.e. Shorts Travel)
- Submit a Travel Authorization Request (TAR) Form using the quote provided. Please mark the appropriate BTA indication (see BTA Process for more information).
- Upon approval, the TAR is emailed to the office coordinator and/or the traveler. Upon receipt, it is the department’s responsibility to book the air fare with Horizons.
Please keep in mind that in order to be reimbursed for airfare, you must:
- Use the most cost-effective means of transportation.
- Book your airfare through a commercial airline company or travel agency.
- Submit a passenger receipt that meets certain state guidelines.