Making Hotel Arrangements
- Travelers are responsible for making their hotel reservations.
- ASU prefers that hotels are not booked using online booking agents, such as Expedia, hotels.com, etc., because the receipts do not provide sufficient itemization and proof of stay for reimbursement.
- Complete the Hotel Overage Memo portion of the TAR if your hotel cost exceeds the maximum allowed rate for your destination.
- Submit a Travel Authorization Request (TAR) Form. (Mark the appropriate BTA indication, exceptions only; See BTA Process for more information.)
- Upon check-in, please verify the method of payment with the hotel and, if in Texas, present the Hotel Exempt Form found on RamPort so that state tax is not charged.
- If sharing a hotel room with another ASU employee, please have the hotel divide the cost onto two separate receipts with each showing an individual’s name and separate method of payment.
- Upon check-out, request a receipt showing proof of payment ($0.00 balance due), the name and location of the establishment, itemized charges and the traveler’s name. Again, make sure that state tax has not been charged to your room (if in Texas).
Please note: For hotels, the BTA will only be authorized for the nightly room rate and applicable taxes. All incidental expenses should be paid using a personal form of payment.
Please keep in mind that in order to be reimbursed for a hotel room, you must:
- Use the most cost-effective means of lodging.
- Submit a receipt that meets certain state guidelines.