The following are helpful tips for international travel. Please refer to OP 70.07 for the official policy regarding ASU international travel.
Meal receipts are required when traveling to Mexico and all other foreign countries.
- A Travel Authorization Request (TAR) Form must be completed at least six weeks prior to departure.
- The TAR requires all levels of signatures, including the president’s signature.
- The Affirmation,Waiver and Liability Release Form is also required.
- A valid passport is required for foreign travel. It is a good idea to make several copies of your passport; leave one at home and take a few with you to keep in different places in case yours is lost or stolen.
- Flight arrangements/quotes can be made through the ASU Travel Office.
- Keep all required receipts (lodging, transportation, museum/tour fees, registrations, etc.). All receipts must be original and itemized showing proof of payment (credit card slips are not considered itemized receipts). If receipts are not itemized, please include a memo or note stating the list of charges.
- Use a currency conversion site, such as OANDA, to get up-to-date exchange rates. Credit card/bank statements will also show U.S. dollar amounts and conversion charges, if applicable.
- Please use the meal & lodging rates set by the US Department of State as guidelines for maximum allowed expenditures. Meals and lodging are based on actual expenses, within reason.
Please document any other expenses or unusual circumstances as accurately as possible.