Rental Car Arrangements
Note: Enterprise location on Southwest Blvd. has a drop-box for leaving keys after hours. Do not leave vehicles at University Police (extra charges may be applied at the expense of the traveler).
- ASU prefers that rental cars are not booked using online booking agents, such as Expedia, Travelocity, etc., because the receipts do not provide sufficient itemization for reimbursement.
- Submit a Travel Authorization Request (TAR) Form (Mark the appropriate BTA indication, exceptions only; See BTA Process for more information.)
- Upon picking up your rental car, please verify the method of payment with the rental agent, and make the agent aware that you are a state employee so that the correct contracted rate is given (State Exempt ID numbers: Enterprise TX737; Avis F999737; Hertz 2120737).
- When using Enterprise, Avis, or Hertz (state contracted vendors), LDW (Loss/Damage Waiver or comprehensive) and liability insurance are included in the state contracted rate. Any supplemental coverage is not reimbursable – except when transporting students. Personal Accident and Injury (PAI) insurance should be purchased when taking students as part of a trip.
- Upon returning the rental car, request a receipt showing proof of payment ($0.00 balance due), the name and location of the establishment, itemized charges and the traveler’s name. Again, make sure that state tax has not been charged (if in Texas).
The Angelo State University Travel Office will only reimburse for standard sized rental cars unless there is a business reason for needing a larger vehicle (carrying excess supplies and luggage for an event, transporting multiple people and luggage, etc.) Please contact the travel office for approval prior to making a reservation for a larger vehicle and notate the request on the TAR.
Please note: For rental cars, the BTA will not authorize payment of additional insurance or non-state-approved charges/fees.
Please keep in mind that in order to be reimbursed for a rental car, you must:
- Use the most cost-effective means of transportation.
- Submit a rental receipt that meets certain state guidelines.