Plan Your Social Media Presence
We are excited that you are interested in creating a social media presence for your ASU program, department or organization. One of the best first steps is to develop a clear plan to help you make purposeful decisions.
Please use the questions outlined below to help you develop your plan.
- Why are you interested in setting up a social media account?
- What are you trying to achieve with this social media presence?
- Do you have measurable goals?
- How will you know when you’ve achieved your goals?
- Who do you want to reach?
- How do you want to connect with them?
- How do they want to be interacted with?
- Do you have unique, interesting, sharable content?
- Do you have regular content or updates you can make?
- Would it be more appropriate to get another existing ASU social media account to share your information? Consider submitting the Social Media Promotion Request Form.
- Which social media platform is best for your chosen purpose, and how does that platform fit into your overall plans?
Resources and Approval
- If you are registering your social media account with the university, does your supervisor, director or advisor know about this initiative?
- What kind of resources will be required to maintain this social media presence?
- Does your department, program or organization have the required skills and knowledge?
- How will you staff your social media efforts? How long will you be able to provide this level of support?
- Are there any other campus areas that already have a similar social media initiative?
- Are there other groups you can collaborate with?