F. Financial Responsibility
Financial Responsibility of Students
- Students must meet all financial responsibilities due to the University. The writing of checks on accounts with insufficient funds, issuance of stop pays, disputed credit card chargebacks, or the nonpayment or delinquent payment of outstanding loans and failure to meet any other financial obligations to the University are considered a lack of financial responsibility. Financial irresponsibility may subject the student to additional fees, fines, suspension of check writing, denial of registration, withholding of grades and transcripts and adjudication under the Code of Student Conduct. A student who fails to make full payment of tuition and mandatory fees, including any incidental fees, by the due date may be prohibited from registering for classes until full payment is made. Students should understand that consequences may result from not resolving one’s financial obligations to the University.
- Generally, failure to meet financial obligations to the University may result in:
- Cancellation of the student’s registration if tuition and registration fees are not paid by the dates provided by Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office or if a returned check given in payment of tuition and fees is not redeemed by that time.
- Possible criminal prosecution for writing insufficient fund checks.
- A student who fails to make full payment prior to the end of the semester or term may be denied credit for the work done that semester or term.
- A hold preventing future registration placed on a student’s academic records.
- A hold on receiving official University transcripts until the obligation is paid.
- The University may report individual student financial obligations to a credit reporting agency or a collection agent. A student is responsible for all collection costs charged to Angelo State University including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Before registering or requesting a transcript, students may check for holds by accessing their records at: http://ramport.angelo.edu/cp/home/displaylogin Registration tab, then click on the Check Holds tab at the top of the page.
- For more information, please visit the Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office website at http://www.angelo.edu/services/controller/sa_welcome.php.