Angelo State University has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: http://www.angelo.edu. This site contains links to other sites. Angelo State University (http://www.angelo.edu) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
Our site uses forms for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to request information, products, and services. We collect contact information (like email addresses) and unique identifiers (like social security number) for university business such as university registration and/or sending bulletins to potential students. The information supplied on the forms is maintained by the University. You have the right to review and correct this information by contacting the appropriate office.
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question.
For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
Server Logs/Log Analysis Tools
Angelo State University utilizes server logs and log analysis tools to create summary statistics about the use of the Web site. The summary statistics are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User/client hostname - The hostname (or IP address, if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, “user-agent” - The user-agent information includes the type of browser used, the browser version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, “referrer” - The referrer specifies the page from which the user/client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless required to do so under applicable law.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.