Ranked by The Princeton Review as one of the nation’s “Best Colleges” every year since 2010, ASU offers over 100 majors and concentrations through our six colleges:
ASU Fast Facts
- Founded: 1928
- President: Ronnie D. Hawkins Jr., U.S. Air Force, Class of ’77
- Affiliation: Texas Tech University System
- Location: San Angelo
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- Mascot: Rams and Rambelles
- Students: 10,826
- Faculty: 441
From a junior college to a four-year institution, Angelo State’s roots run deep in the city of San Angelo.
At Angelo State, we’re loud and Ram Fam proud.
Each member of the Ram Family is part of our journey as we continue to build a values-based culture at Angelo State.
- 49 undergraduate degrees, 28 master’s degrees and 4 doctoral degrees
- 19:1 Student-to-faculty ratio
- Award-winning faculty
- Over 100 registered student organizations
- 29 intramural and club sports teams
- Residence halls ranked Top 10 in the “2020 Best College Dorms in Texas”
For more on ASU athletics, visit angelosports.com.
Points of Pride
Hispanic Serving Institution
ASU has been designated a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education since 2010. Resulting federal HSI grants have totaled more than $8 million for ASU.
ASU has been designated a “Military Friendly School” by G.I. Jobs magazine every year since 2010.
ASU Distinguished Scholarship
The ASU Distinguished Scholarship Program is funded by one of the largest endowments at a U.S. regional university. It provides scholarships for one in every three ASU students and has awarded more than $87 million to students since its inception in 1981.