On Feb. 3, seventy-five members of Angelo State University—students, faculty, staff and community—gathered at the Values Summit to identify the core values that unite us.
In addition to identifying our values, we also wrote a definition and a list of desired behaviors for each value.
After the summit, the entire Ram Family was invited to participate in town halls. This allowed everyone to continue the work produced at the summit, and helped us establish a collective values-based culture at Angelo State.
Angelo State Core Values
Remember, this process is a journey. Each member of the Ram Family is part of our journey as we continue to build a values-based culture at Angelo State.
Integrity | Integridad
Do the right thing, even if no one knows.
- Act with upstanding character, humility, and trustworthiness.
- Be transparent in motive, communication, and action.
- Take responsibility for actions.
- Provide honesty and respect at all times.
- Consider others first.
Diversity & Inclusion |
Diversidad & Inclusión
Celebrate, appreciate, and build on our differences.
- Build a culture of equity, participation, and belonging.
- Create and nurture a safe environment to share ideas and welcome inclusive, constructive feedback.
- Seek to understand; encourage and empower courageous and honest communication.
- Practice and advocate empathy, just treatment, and mutual respect for everyone.
- Stand up against injustice to form a foundation of trust and accountability
Significance | Impacto
Construct a legacy and reputation of dynamic impact beyond ourselves.
- Nurture positive growth of self and others.
- Embrace opportunities and celebrate achievements.
- Be inquisitive to expand knowledge and horizons.
- Ignite innovation.
Community | Comunidad
Collaborate to develop an inclusive sense of place and purpose.
- Pull together to engage in purposeful teamwork.
- Serve others and extend genuine acknowledgment and recognition.
- Unify to strengthen institutional purpose.
- Cultivate meaningful relationships through intentional acts of kindness.
- Act to meet relevant community needs.
Commitment | Compromiso
Hold ourselves and each other accountable to our responsibilities and goals.
- Generate an environment that handles adversity and supports resilience.
- Encourage healthy conflict to energize growth and effect positive results.
- Advocate self-reflection and institutional growth mindset.
- Deliver excellence through continuous improvement.
How did we get here?
Below are the recordings of the virtual Town Halls, where approximately 300 faculty and staff participated and provided input.
- Monday, March 8
- Wednesday, March 10
- Thursday, March 11
- Friday, March 12
- Monday, March 15
- Thursday, March 18
Questions? Contact Us!
The Values Council is always available to answer any questions you may have.