Master of Science in Computer Science Admissions
The program will accept full-time and part-time students.
- Apply Texas application
- All College and University Transcripts (Unofficial copies of transcripts are required for application evaluation purposes, unless you attended Angelo State for your undergraduate degree. If admitted, the official transcripts will be required).
- GRE Scores (If an applicant has a 2.5 overall/cumulative GPA, then the GRE requirement is waived.)
- For additional information on Graduate Assistantships visit the Graduate, Teaching, and Research Assistantship page.
- For additional information visit the Graduate Student Admission Requirements page.
*All supporting documents must be submitted via Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science is required. Other bachelor’s degree holders are encouraged to apply (particularly in related fields from engineering and mathematics), however, applicants who do not hold a degree in computer science should have prior coursework or experience equivalent to the following computer science subjects, or they can take courses at ASU, and after satisfactorily completing the courses can start taking MS courses:
- Discrete Math (MATH 2305)
- Introduction to Programming (one of CS 1314/CS 1351/CS 1336 and CS 1337)
- Data Structures (CS 2336)
- Algorithms (CS 3352)
Students seeking admission to the MS program who have not yet satisfied admission criteria will be considered “conditional”. Conditional students must earn a grade of “B” or better in all work attempted. A conditional student who earns a grade of “C” or lower will be allowed one semester to raise their GPA to 3.0 or higher, otherwise the student will not be eligible to continue in the program.
Transfer of Credit
A student may transfer a maximum of 6 semester credit hours of graduate coursework in which a grade of “B” or better has been earned from approved institutions. Transfer credit is subject to the approval of the department.
We evaluate potential graduate students year-round.
These deadlines are for applications only. Financial Aid and Scholarships may have their own deadlines.
Spring A: Dec 17
Spring B: Mar 1
Summer: May 23
Fall A: Aug 8
Fall B: Applications will open on Aug 30
Fall B: Oct 9
International Spring: Nov 1
International Fall: Jun 10