Counseling Psychology Psy.D. Admission
Students are admitted to our program each fall semester only.
Now taking applications for the 2022 fall semester.
- The Graduate Application for Admission Form must be completed and submitted through ApplyTexas.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 for psychology coursework and an overall GPA of 3.00. If graduate work has been completed, a minimum GPA of 3.50 is required.
- A minimum of 18 credit hours of psychology are required.
- Official transcripts of a completed baccalaureate degree or higher degree must be submitted.*
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Record Exam (General) that has been taken within the last five years must be submitted.*
- Three professional letters of recommendation must be submitted (two must be from academic sources).
- Each recommender must also submit the Doctor of Psychology in Counseling Psychology Evaluation.
- An essay of no more than five pages must be submitted that speaks to the applicant’s background in psychology and personal and professional goals related to doctoral studies.*
- On-campus interview is required.
- TOEFL score (if applicable).*
*All supporting documents must be submitted via Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form.
The yearly application deadline is Jan. 15.
Remember, you must start our program in a fall semester.