Transformative Leadership Ed.D. Admission
- Applicants will complete a Graduate Studies application via Apply Texas portal (Do not submit the required essay in Apply Texas). If you have problems accessing the application, please contact the College of Graduate Studies and Research at 325-942-2169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your Apply Texas application has been processed by the College of Graduate Studies and Research, you will receive an email from Angelo State Graduate Studies to create your ASU User Account and receive your ASU Campus ID.
- Unofficial transcripts from the university or college that awarded your Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree should be submitted via the Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form. (If admitted, you will be required to submit official transcripts to the College of Graduate Studies and Research, with the exception of Angelo State University transcripts.)
Additional Program Application Requirements
Essay*: The essay should be between two and four pages, written in APA format, and address the following:
- Experiences that prepared the applicant for a doctoral program
- Personal interest and goals for this degree
- How the applicant hopes to effect change with others as they move forward with this degree
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume*
- Two professional recommendations (one leadership and one academic). Applicants should provide the Doctor of Education in Transformative Leadership Evaluation form to recommenders for completion. The recommender will also attach a letter of recommendation to this form.
Virtual Interview*: Applicants should create a ten minute or less recording of a virtual interview answering the following questions/prompts:
- Briefly introduce yourself and your leadership/service experience.
- Share a time when you led a group of people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. What did you learn from this experience?
- Describe a project you led that did not go as planned. How did you respond?
- Describe your experience of working with research and/or data in your field. What are some topics or problems of practice that you would like to research as a transformative leader?
- What question would you ask faculty about this program to help you prepare for the Ed.D. experience?
*Upload essay, cv/resume and link to virtual interview recording via Ed.D Documents for Submission form.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- A graduate GPA of 3.75 or higher; evidence of verbal and writing skills
Qualified applicants will indicate professional and educational interests and goals aligned with the pillars of transformative leadership (Inspire, Transform, Advocate). They will show evidence of leadership or service potential for their related field. Previous scholarly activities will include independent scholarly work, presentations, publications, and/or a capacity for doctoral research and completion of a dissertation.
These deadlines are for application only. Financial Aid and Scholarships may have their deadlines.
The Transformative Leadership Ed.D. program at Angelo State University admits students each Summer.
Priority Review Deadline is January 31, 2024.
Applications received after the priority review period will be considered based on the availability of space remaining in the class.
Applications remaining incomplete after the deadline will risk not being reviewed for admission.
The Fall 2023 Application for the Ed.D. is closed and will reopen for Summer 2024 on August 1, 2023.
For more Information
Or the Ed.D. Program Coordinator