English M.A. Admission
- Apply Texas Application
- Transcript from baccalaureate awarding institution (Unofficial copies of transcripts are required for application evaluation purposes, unless you attended Angelo State for your undergraduate degree. If admitted, the official transcripts will be required).
- 500-word Personal Statement speaking to your goals in seeking a Master’s degree in English at ASU. Here is a list of questions you should consider addressing in your Personal statement:
- Why are you seeking a Master’s degree in English? How will the program at ASU help you meet your specific personal and/or career goals?
- How has your previous coursework or experience prepared you for graduate study? Are there any specific classes that you took, texts that you read, or projects that you completed that made you want to pursue further study in English?
- Are there any circumstances that may have affected your academic record/GPA that you would like to share with the admissions committee? Are there any challenges that may face you as you work on your graduate degree?
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better, including all grades on repeated courses, or a GPA of 3.0 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Completion of a minimum of 24 semester credit hours of undergraduate course work in English, including 12 semester credit hours of advanced course work in English.
- If you do not meet the minimum amount of coursework in English, contact the M.A. Advisor about completing these courses as a non-degree seeking student before applying. Our department offers online options for completing undergraduate coursework.
Students seeking admission to the Integrated English B.A./M.A. program will need to schedule a meeting with the English Graduate Advisor before applying.
These deadlines are for application only. Financial Aid and Scholarships may have their own deadlines.
Summer: May 23
Fall A: August 8
Fall B: October 1
Spring A: December 1
Spring B: March 1