Public Health M.P.H. Admissions
- Apply Texas application
- All College and University Transcripts (Unofficial copies of transcripts are required for application evaluation purposes, unless you attended Angelo State for your undergraduate degree. If admitted, the official transcripts will be required).
- Compose a Statement of Purpose (Write an essay of no more than 1000 words (typed in 12 point type with one-inch margins) that describes your educational plans, career objectives, commitment to your particular field of study, any research experience, your view of research and possible research interests, and personal goals. The essay may also address any of the following factors, which are qualities that will be acknowledged in the admission process:
- Reasons for interest in Public Health
- Reasons for interest in MPH program
- Career goals
- Description of relevant work or volunteer experience to include hours completed and organization description
- Personal talents, leadership capabilities, and community service
- Three Letters of Reference. Recommendations must include a public health/health-related, academic (instructor or academic advisor) and personal letter.
*All supporting documents must be submitted via Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science Professions with a Specialization in Public Health with a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (Regular Admission) or a GPA of 3.3/4.0 (Priority Admission)
- Non-BSHSP degree with a GPA of 3.0 and higher.
- Completion of one semester of college-level introductory human or general biology.
- Completion of one semester of college algebra, pre-calculus or statistics.
Applicants that do not meet all of the regular admission requirements may be admitted by the review of the M.P.H. Admissions Committee.
These deadlines are for applications only. Financial Aid and Scholarships may have their own deadlines.
- Domestic and International Applicants Fall: July 31
- Domestic and International Applicants Spring: Dec. 1