The Media & Professional Communication Certificate will be available in Apply Texas starting August 2021 for the Fall 2022 term.
About the Program
- Classes are delivered totally online.
- Enhance your communication and leadership skills as you learn from faculty who have real-world experience in many different types of media organizations.
- Experience professional growth and career development while maintaining your current job responsibilities.
On completing this certificate, you will be prepared to advance to leadership positions in any type of public or private professional media organization – and/or advance to further graduate study in communication.
- Application for Admission
- All college and/or university transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of at least 2.75, including repeated courses - or a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work
Note: The required GPA may be waived on a case-by-case basis by the department chair. A bachelor’s degree in communication is not required.
This graduate-level certificate program consists of 12 credit hours. That means you only have to complete four courses to earn your certificate.
Once you earn your certificate, you can also apply the credits toward a Master of Arts in communication degree right here at Angelo State.
- Fall Admission – Even years only
- Fall: Aug 1
However, this certificate is structured to allow you to complete the program in one year, starting with the fall semester. You would take one course each term (fall, spring, summer I and summer II).