Professional School Counseling M.S. Admission
- All college and university transcripts
The GRE is NOT required for admission.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better, including all grades on repeated courses, or hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- For State of Texas certification, applicants must have two years teaching experience in an accredited public school prior to eligibility for approval to take TExES school counselor exam.
- Students are strongly encouraged to register for the first and second eight-week sessions simultaneously, before the first eight-week session begins.
- Out-of-state students are responsible for ensuring program meets state requirements and may also want to see the Mental Health and Wellness Counseling Master’s Degree (M.A.) program.
8-Week Program Deadlines:
Spring A – Jan. 1
Spring B – March 1
Summer – May 1
Fall A – Aug. 12
- Fall B – Oct. 1