Professional School Counseling M.S. Admission
- All college and university transcripts
The GRE is NOT required for admission.
Additional Program Application Requirements
- Separate Screening Assessment
As part of the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) admission process, this program will require a separate screening assessment as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). After submitting the initial application for admission, the program will contact the applicant with further instructions.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better, including all grades on repeated courses, or hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- For State of Texas certification, applicants must have two years teaching experience in an accredited public school prior to eligibility for approval to take TExES school counselor exam.
- Students are strongly encouraged to register for the first and second eight-week sessions simultaneously, before the first eight-week session begins.
- Out-of-state students are responsible for ensuring program meets state requirements for certification/licensure and may also want to see the Mental Health and Wellness Counseling Master’s Degree (M.A.) program.
These deadlines are for application only. Financial Aid and Scholarships may have their own deadlines.
8-Week Program Deadlines:
- Spring A – Jan 1
- Spring B – Mar 1
- Summer – May 23
- Fall A – Aug 1
- Fall B – Oct 1