Psychology, Counseling M.S. Admission
[GPA x 100] + Quantitative + Verbal + Converted Analytical ≥ 730.
GRE Analytical Writing Conversion Scale
The GRE Analytical Writing sub test is scored on a scale of 1-6. This score is converted to the metric of the other sub tests as follows:
1.0-2.0 = 130
2.5 = 135
3.0 = 140
3.5 = 145
4.0 = 150
4.5 = 155
5.0 = 160
5.5 = 165
6.0 = 170
Students are welcome to apply for admission regardless of their undergraduate major. Those who have fewer than 18 credit hours of undergraduate psychology are required to complete a graduate leveling course that provides training in the foundational areas of psychology.
Students who want to be considered for our program need to have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may be considered for admission on the basis of the formula above.
- All college and university transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation (two must be from academic sources)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree. Students who have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher automatically qualify for admission, if space in the program allows. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may qualify for admission on the basis of the formula described in the GRE column.
- Students who have fewer than 18 credit hours of undergraduate psychology are required to complete a graduate leveling course that provides training in the foundational areas of psychology.
Other Application Deadlines:
Priority Admission Review for the counseling psychology program
- March 15 for fall admissions
- Oct. 15 for spring admissions
Applications for the counseling psychology program will be reviewed beginning on March 15 for fall admissions and Oct. 15 for spring admissions. Applications received by these dates will receive priority and will be processed before registration so new students can register on time for a better selection of classes. After the priority deadlines, applications will be reviewed when they are received, and students will be admitted based on space available in the program.
Fall: July 15
International Student Fall: June 10
Spring: Dec. 1
International Student Spring: November 1