About the Program
- Focus on developing your advanced clinical practice skills in our unique program that is the first D.S.W. offered in the state of Texas.
- Tailor your degree to build individual, couples, family and group practice skills, taking advantage of the capstone project and internships for comprehensive learning and hands-on experience.
- To accommodate your professional and personal schedules, you can complete your degree on campus or totally online.
This degree equips you with advanced knowledge, skills and abilities to assess, diagnose and treat mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions, including severe mental illness and serious emotional disturbances, in adults, adolescents and children. You will also be prepared for higher education and leadership opportunities.
Our D.S.W. in Clinical Social Work degree is a MEMBER of the Group for the Advancement of Doctoral Education in Social Work (GADE).
All the faculty for the D.S.W. program hold doctoral degrees and are licensed clinical social workers.
Our faculty are also dedicated to delivering the best possible learning experience, whether it’s on campus or online. Plus, our small class sizes mean you get the individual attention you deserve.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment for mental health and substance abuse social workers is projected to grow by 18% over the next 10 years.
Additionally, the Health Resources and Service Administration reports that while many social workers are trained at the master’s degree level, a 30% increase in the number of master’s and doctoral-level social workers will be needed to meet the demand by 2030.
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “The social work professors are amazing and will do anything for their students.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/felicia.php">Felicia Garcia</a></strong>, Class of 2023, Social Work</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “It’s amazing how they designed the D.S.W. program. This is a clear path from B.S.W. to M.S.W. to D.S.W. It opens the door for other students to come here, and it’s a one-stop shop.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong><a href="/iamangelo/felicia.php">Felicia Garcia</a></strong>, Class of 2023, Social Work</p> </blockquote>
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “Chelsea Kading is one of the best professors I’ve ever had the pleasure of being taught by. She honestly cares about her students and I witnessed that first hand…”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong>Alizae White</strong>, Social Work</p> </blockquote>