About the Program
- Tailor your degree plan to fit your specific interests. Choose from a wide variety of classes that cover every aspect of sociology and social work.
- Optional concentrations include medical sociology or criminology, delinquency and deviant behavior.
- Gain hands-on experience conducting sociological research with your professors.
- Study abroad opportunities are available, and you can join our student organizations for networking and professional development.
Earning your ASU sociology degree will open doors for you in many career fields, including everything from mental health and counseling, criminal justice and education - to health and recreation, business, community relations and social media, among others.
A Minor in Sociology is also available.
Our experienced and diverse faculty are partners with our students. You can collaborate with them on research projects, and our small class sizes mean you get the individual attention you deserve.
Our graduates possess the communication, critical-thinking, decision-making and leadership skills to succeed in virtually any career field.
For those interested in counseling, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that employment opportunities in many areas of counseling are expected to increase at a faster than average rate through 2028.
- <blockquote class="quote-block--simple"> <p> “Dr. Shirley Simpson has encouraged me to get out of my comfort zone and challenged me to do better. She genuinely cares about her students by how much she invests in her lectures and outside the classroom.”</p> <p class="blockquote-author"><strong>Emily Batch</strong>, Class of 2022</p> </blockquote>