Transcripts from baccalaureate degree awarding university or college (Upload unofficial transcripts, with the exception of Angelo State University transcripts, for application evaluation purposes using the Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form.)
Note: The GRE is NOT required for admission.
Additional Program Application Requirements
Separate Screening Assessment
As part of the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) admission process, this program will require a separate screening assessment as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). After submitting the initial application for admission, the program will contact the applicant with further instructions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 - or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Be currently employed as a teacher in a full-time position at a TEA-approved school
- Hold a valid Texas Standard Teaching Certificate
- Have two years of documented, creditable teaching experience in a TEA-approved/recognized school as shown in your Texas service record
This program consists of 18 credit hours. That means you only have to complete six courses to prepare for the TExES Principal exam.
You can contact your Regional Education Service Center for more information about TTESS and TPESS Training.
- Spring A: Jan 1
- Spring B: Mar 1
- Summer: May 23
- Fall A: Aug 1
- Fall B: Applications will open on Aug 30
- Fall B: Oct 9