Texas Principal Certification
Advance your career as an instructional leader in the K-12 education setting.
- Application for Admission
- $40 application fee ($50 for international students)
- All college and/or university transcripts
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 - or a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Be currently employed as a teacher in a full-time position at a TEA-approved school
- Hold a valid Texas Standard Teaching Certificate
- Have two years of documented, creditable teaching experience in a TEA-approved/recognized school as shown in your Texas service record
This program consists of 18 credit hours. That means you only have to complete six courses to prepare for the TExES Principal exam.
You can contact your Regional Education Service Center for more information about TTESS and TPESS Training.
Please contact the graduate advisor listed below for current application deadlines.
- <div class="wide-block quote-block "><div class="quote-block__image"><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/729,212,3252,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/729,212,3252,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.JPG 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/729,212,3252,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.JPG" alt="Faculty and Staff member holding up the ram hand" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </div><div class="quote-block__content"><div class="quote-block__quote"><blockquote><p> “Dr. Christine Purkiss gave me a chance to work for this amazing university, which made me realize I wanted to continue my career here. The best moment I’ve ever had was calling a student to tell them they had been admitted, and they were so excited, they cried.”</p></blockquote></div><div class="quote-block__caption"><p><strong>Danielle Plecenik</strong>, Class of 2018, ASU Admissions Counselor</p></div></div></div>
- <div class="wide-block quote-block "><div class="quote-block__image"><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,409,3276,3685/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,409,3276,3685/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,409,3276,3685/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.jpg" alt="Student sitting on a bench smiling into the camera" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </div><div class="quote-block__content"><div class="quote-block__quote"><blockquote><p> “Dr. Lesley Casarez is continuously reaching out to share services available to not only help us teach our students, but to also help maintain our own mental health. I am proud to be a part of the ASU Ram Family!”</p></blockquote></div><div class="quote-block__caption"><p><strong>Brooke Garrett</strong>, Class of 2017, Special Education Teacher</p></div></div></div>