Transcripts from baccalaureate degree awarding university or college (Upload unofficial transcripts, with the exception of Angelo State University transcripts, for application evaluation purposes using the Graduate Studies Documents for Submission form.)
Note: The GRE is NOT required for admission.
Additional Program Application Requirements
- Separate Screening Assessment
As part of the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) admission process, this program will require a separate screening assessment as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). After submitting the initial application for admission, the program will contact the applicant with further instructions.
- Hold a 48-hour master’s degree in counseling from a university that is accredited by an agency recognized by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). This is per Texas Administrative Code 239.20, and no exceptions can be made.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better, including all grades on repeated courses - or a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- You are strongly encouraged to register for the first and second eight-week terms simultaneously, before the first eight-week term begins.
This program consists of 18 credit hours. That means you only have to complete six courses to be eligible to qualify for the TExES School Counselor exam.
The ASU College of Education is accredited by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Spring A: Dec 15
- Spring B: Applications will open on Jan 22
- Spring B: Mar 4
- Summer: May 20
- Fall A: Aug 1
- Fall B: Applications will open on Aug 30
- Fall B: Oct 1