Texas Superintendent Certification
Advance your career to become a superintendent of schools.
- All college and/or university transcripts
Note: The GRE is NOT required for admission.
Additional Program Application Requirements
Separate Screening Assessment
As part of the Educator Preparation Program (EPP) admission process, this program will require a separate screening assessment as required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). After submitting the initial application for admission, the program will contact the applicant with further instructions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Texas School Principal Certification
- At least a 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA - or at least a 2.75 GPA in the last 60 hours of your degree
This program consists of 15 credit hours. That means you only have to complete five courses to prepare for the TExES Superintendent exam.
Please contact the graduate advisor listed below for current application deadlines.
- <div class="wide-block quote-block "><div class="quote-block__image"><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/614,0,3350,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/614,0,3350,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.JPG 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/614,0,3350,2734/45751_COM_2344.rev.1604944113.JPG" alt="Faculty and Staff member holding up the ram hand" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </div><div class="quote-block__content"><div class="quote-block__quote"><blockquote><p> “Dr. Christine Purkiss gave me a chance to work for this amazing university, which made me realize I wanted to continue my career here. The best moment I’ve ever had was calling a student to tell them they had been admitted, and they were so excited, they cried.”</p></blockquote></div><div class="quote-block__caption"><p><strong>Danielle Plecenik</strong>, Class of 2018, ASU Admissions Counselor</p></div></div></div>
- <div class="wide-block quote-block "><div class="quote-block__image"><picture> <source type="image/webp" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3276,3276/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.webp 1x"/> <source type="image/jpeg" srcset="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3276,3276/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.jpg 1x"/> <img src="/live/image/gid/315/width/580/height/430/crop/1/src_region/0,0,3276,3276/43053_IMG_8378.rev.1602794759.jpg" alt="Student sitting on a bench smiling into the camera" loading="lazy"/> </picture> </div><div class="quote-block__content"><div class="quote-block__quote"><blockquote><p> “Dr. Lesley Casarez is continuously reaching out to share services available to not only help us teach our students, but to also help maintain our own mental health. I am proud to be a part of the ASU Ram Family!”</p></blockquote></div><div class="quote-block__caption"><p><strong>Brooke Garrett</strong>, Class of 2017, Special Education Teacher</p></div></div></div>